Thursday, May 2, 2013

"Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman

This is one of my favorite fantasies that I have read this year.  I have quoted a couple of passages to show what an awesome writer Rachel Hartman is.  Here they are - "Love is not a disease...I cannot let them cut you out of me, ...I will cling to my sickness...if it is a sickness...I will hold it close to me like the sun..."
"If I could keep a single moment for all time, that would be the one.
I became the air; I was full of stars. I was the soaring spaces between the spires of the cathedral, the solemn breath of chimneys, a whispered prayer upon the winter wind. I was silence, and I was music, one clear transcendent chord rising toward Heaven. I believed, then, that I would have risen bodily into the sky but for the anchor of his hand..."
I knew from the moment I opened this book and read the first line, that I was in for a treat. This story is such a perfect blend of fantasy, adventure, philosophy, mystery, and romance. I kept looking at where I was in the book and mourned, knowing I was getting close to the end.
I don't want to even say what the story is about because it will ruin it. Just read it, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment