Sunday, June 9, 2013

Getting older isn't so bad

Today I am 36 years old.  Yay!  My husband has a lot of fun going around the house telling everyone that I am the oldest person in the family.  This has my youngest son thinking that I will be the first person to pass away in our family.  Hopefully that will be many years down the road.

Anyway, my last post was about King Lear and how lame it is to get older, but I decided that aging is just part of the course.  This last week my oldest went to girls camp with our stake, and it was so fun to drive her up there with some of her friends, set up their tent, and get all their pads and sleeping bags set up.  It was fun to see how excited she was to stay there all week and be with the other amazing young women her age or older from our church.  I was jealous as I left that I wasn't staying.  I decided that next year I will just have to volunteer to help out at camp and stay for the week.

Having a daughter old enough to go to camp does reflect on my age, but at the same time, it shows that our family is growing and progressing in life, and that progression is fun and exciting to see.  So, as much as I don't like certain aspects of the aging process (gray hairs, wrinkles, giggly skin and folds), maturing is pretty cool.  Life is good, and I'm grateful for all the many adventures the last 36 years have brought.

1 comment:

  1. Haha Angie, you are a pretty cool person and you reflect that, you are young and age does not matter...I think life will be too bored if we couldn't grow up (see us every time looking the same way), fortunately we can laugh from our self how we looked when we were younger without wrinkles, etc. By the way, what can I say, I'm also the oldest person at my home, lol.

    P.S. I love your blog today, specially last paragraph, your family is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete