Friday, July 19, 2013

Boundless, by Cynthia Hand

What can I say but,  Bravo! Congratulations!  Para Bens!  Well done, Ms. Cynthia Hand!  It is so fun to read the last book in a series and be so utterly satisfied with every little, tiny detail of the story.  I loved what Cynthia Hand did with this book.
It was so well written, with every detail and chapter flowing so nicely.  I loved the pacing of every part. I was never bored or wishing the story would pick up.  A perfect attention keeper for me.
I laughed out loud each time Clara crossed and ended up in Tucker's barn.  I loved the sweet symbolism behind it.  I loved the laugh out loud jokes Clara would say to lighten the serious gloom and doom mood.  Especially loved the Star Wars joke.
I loved the relationship developments with Clara, Christian and  Angela, and the gentle way that their friendship/love was handled.  It's so fun to read a book where an author has such a clear understanding of human nature with all it's many varied ups and downs, and is able to translate that into their characters in such a careful, believable manner.
I loved the interactions with Samjeeza.  I found them insightful and I loved that Clara was such a admirable heroine, one that you want to be like.  I loved her compassion for all of the angels and humans, and her ability to feel their hope and sorrow and use those feelings for the good of others, including the angels themselves.
And most especially, I loved how Ms. Hand treated Tucker and Clara's relationship.  I felt uplifted my their sweet, pure love for each other.  Never once did I feel uncomfortable or question the purity of their relationship.  I so appreciate that, and it makes it so easy to cheer on something that you want to share with your reading buddies.  Thank you so much!
My only regret about reading this book, is that it took me so long to get to it.  I wish I had read it when it first came out, as I feel like I am the last person to get on the boat in finishing this series. Thanks again Cynthia for making reading fun and uplifting!  Can't wait to see what you do next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment