Saturday, September 21, 2013

Your Mom goes to College Part 2, and Redbox Night

I thought I'd update my school status. My last post about school I mentioned that the class I am taking has a lot of reading with profanity in it and that sometimes we are required to read out loud in class. Well, I am happy to say that I spoke with the professor about the out loud readings and I would be changing the words if they were swear words. I was really light hearted about it, and the professor was also and now even makes a great effort to not swear in class. So, with help from above (I'm sure of it), my return to school experience is going well and is a lot of fun. As for movies, I have to say that I have been very disappointed with all these new releases at my local theater. There isn't one good movie that I want to see for a date night. Well, I guess we could watch Planes or Percy Jackson for date night, but I think we will save those for Redbox. And I am sad to report that Austenland has not been released in my neck of the woods. I wish I had a couple extra hundred dollars hanging around so that I could fly to Utah and watch it with my girls, but that's not going to happen. Needless to say, we have been checking out Redbox a lot recently. Last night we watched "Parental Guidance" with Billy Crystal, and it was hilarious and a totally fun movie. It's rated PG and is one that I would watch with all my kids. It's a really fun movie about the differences in parenting. It made fun of all the funny phrases we use today like, "Use your words," versus yelling or telling your child "No." Although there was tons of humor, the show was really touching as it focused on parents and children coming together and learning to appreciate their differences and overlook weaknesses. I loved it, and highly recommend it if you want a laugh out loud feel good movie to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment